Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Want to be a Producer!!

Why do people expect little answers to big questions??

current big question: what do I want to do with my life?

Now, I'd be an idiot to think that God is going to give me some tiny, incredibly specific answer to that question. There are a hundred million things I'm interested in, dozens of places I want to go, and several things I'm pretty good at. It seems like a needle-in-a-haystack question. One pin among a billion little pointy straws is hard to find and I think the process would be painful, if it was even successful in the end.

But God has certainly given me a broad answer and through unexpected :) people. Producer. Haha... yes, that could mean almost anything in this world. Producer of big-budget motion pictures, producer of media resources for non-profit organizations, business management, public relations for a think tank, etc. etc. etc.

My adviser, my professors, my intentional friends, and my unexpected friends have all told me that I have the qualities of a producer. (My mom wouldn't believe it, considering my disorganization at home, but I think that's a totally different situation.)

So, I guess that's truly comforting. I know what general direction I'm headed in my life, but it's not a teensy-weensy, narrow, one-step-in-the-wrong-direction-and-you're-doomed kind of path. I have lots of choices I can still make. I'm not tied down. And that's a damn good thing, because I'm a pretty free spirit.

current big task: exploring internships that integrate public policy/economics, media, and producing.

No comments:

Post a Comment